Thursday, October 9, 2008

5 months!

My little girl is growing up so fast. She's 5 months old now! She had to go to the doctor on her birthday, though. Not for shots, but because she wasn't feeling well. Her right eye was swollen and she screamed (not cried, mind you) for hours in between naps. I couldn't do anything for her and I felt so bad. Turns out she had pinkeye and an ear infection :(. Poor baby...I'd scream, too! How on earth did she get pinkeye? I don't think I've ever had it! The doctor, Commander Mitchell is a very nice lady. I had to beg for an appointment and got one with a different doctor and made it to my appointment 20 minutes early. The nice doc., Comm. Mitchell, came out to the waiting room and took us into her office since there were no rooms open. She checked out Audree's eyes, ears, nose, listened to her breathing and checked her for a fever. She had a slight fever but nothing to be concerned about. She was given amoxocillen for her eye infection, nasal drops for her runny nose, eye ointment and a cream in case she gets a yeast infection from the antibiotic.

On another note, I'm not sure who will read this and really care or understand, but I've never really felt God. I don't really want to hear the "You have a child...how could you not feel God when you hold her?" I just haven't. Last night, for the first time in my life, I felt God. I was talking to Mark about plans...what we want to do after the Navy. We just found out he's being recommended for discharge. There's something that Mark really wants to do...something that he's been telling me that God is calling him to do. God's never called me so I didn't really understand; I thought it was Mark's excuse for trying to convince me that we needed to do this. Last night I felt something I've never felt before. Mark is not very good at articulating his point. He says some really outlandish things sometimes and doesn't mean them that way, that's just the way they come out. Last night he had no trouble speaking to me. There was a fire in his eyes and I was honestly scared to look him in the eyes. Every time I did I felt a million things all at once. I have been baptized...I was 13, and it was on my dad's birthday because it was the thing you were supposed to do at 13. Mark told me that we're the perfect couple...I have never felt the feeling but I could speak the words and he had the feelings but couldn't speak the words. Seeing him last night was kind of scary, I must admit. I saw something in him that I never have before. And I liked it. I feel different today...really different. I feel peaceful, calm and patient. I've never been patient, lol.

So...I guess I was saved last night. I thank God for speaking through my husband and I thank my husband for speaking the words and allowing God's words to flow through him. I now know why Christians are happier (I've always noticed this). I hope this feeling lasts forever.

About our decision: when Mark is ready for the rest of the world to know then we'll announce our future plans. Some will call us crazy and that's okay. We have each other and God on our side. We always did...we just didn't know it.

Oh and Mark scratched the car today. It's not that bad. Oh well. CT drivers need some training, seriously. He hit a pole to avoid being hit. At least he's alive and not hurt...I can better handle a dented car rather than a dented hubby :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's crazy how that happens isn't it?

I hadn't truly felt God until I was 18 and went to a WELS Lutheran church for the first time (it was Josh's church, I was raised Catholic).

Ever since then, I've felt God just about every time I go to church and many many days of my life. It's just amazing.

I hope Audrey starts feeling well soon!