We had a doctor's appointment yesterday. My cervix is fully ripe and I'm 1 cm dilated. The doctor offered an induction. I'm still not sure if I made the right decision but I told her yes. I have so many mixed feelings about it...I don't know if Audree is ready. If that were the case I think she'd be on her way, not having to be forced out. Either way, if she doesn't come by 41 1/2 weeks I'll have to be induced anyway. So...the big day is Tuesday, May 13th at 7:15 am. I'll be started on Pitocin drip and have my water broken when the doctor comes in. If the contractions progress enough that I don't need the extra help, I'll be taken off the drip and be allowed to move freely. Kinda shoots my birth plan out of the water. I really wanted to do it all here, at home, with Mark and my doggies, not be confined to a hospital bed. Oh well.
This morning I started having contractions around 3am and they're still about 25 minutes apart, so no real progression. However, they are regular. Mark is coming home soon and I'm hoping we'll be able to go walking and see if the contractions get stronger...and I'm hoping they do! I want to have Audree naturally. We also need to go to the cake place today and order her cake. I'm pretty excited :). I'm so glad Mark can be here with me and we'll get through this together...I'm so happy. He's my rock and I'm glad I have him to turn to when I'm about to do the hardest thing I've ever been faced with.
Rory Gilmore book list! - I've had this book marked on my computer for a while and I really want to try to complete it! I've read a couple on here, so my goal is to read them all! ...
2 years ago