Saturday, September 8, 2007

Baby baby baby news!

I went to the doctor on September 6th to have a routine pap smear done. When I got there, they asked me all the normal questions, and then "When was the first day of your last period?". I told her and she said, "You're late." I said, "Yeah, my period has a mind of it's own...no big deal." She urged that we needed to test before the pap smear, so I said okay. We did a pee test and then Mark and I went back into the room and waited. The nurse came in and told me to go ahead and get undressed and put on the gown and stuff, so I did. The doctor then came back and told us the lab was backed up and it would be a few minutes. Ten minutes later, she came back again and said, "You can go ahead and put your clothes back on. Congratulations...you're pregnant!" I stared at her and said, "Are you serious?!" She laughed and said, "Yes...very much so." Mark turned red as a beet and then ran over and hugged me. It was a whirlwind from there. The nurse came in and talked to us, and the doc game me prenatal vitamins. We then went to Perkins' (lol!) and had breakfast (it was 9am when all this ended).

Turns out, I was 6 weeks exactly on September 6th. Also Kinda ironic...Mark and I had our first date June 6th, 2005...3 years, 3 months ago lol. Something else kinda weird...my grandpa passed away about a year ago. I miss him so much! Anyway, he liked to tell stories and jokes and stuff. Mark always told me we couldn't get pregnant until my grandpa was done telling our future kids stories. I had a dream about a week and a half or two weeks ago that my grandpa and I were sitting on a tan couch and he said to me, "Well, I guess I'm done with them for now. You can take them.". How weird! Also...my best friend Shannon is about four weeks ahead of me!

Anyway, we're super excited. Mark says we don't have a preference on the sex, but I secretly hope for a girl LOL. We already have the name chosen. The sucky part is....we're moving end of Nov. :(

We're gonna be parents!

No comments: